2023 Oceanic Palliative Care Scholarship Applications
Palliative Care Australia welcomes applications for scholarships to attend the 2023 Oceanic Palliative Care Conference. Thank you to the Department of Health and Aged Care, New South Wales Department of Health and Cancer Australia for providing this opportunity. Everyone is welcome to apply, but priority will be given to the following categories:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Workers
- Palliative care consumers and carers
- Palliative care volunteers
- People with less than three years’ experience in palliative care who have not previously attended the Oceanic Palliative Care Conference
- People working in palliative care in rural or remote areas of Australia
- People working in palliative care in aged care or primary care in Australia
- People working in palliative care from the Oceanic region
Scholarships of between $560 and $5000 and can be used to cover the full cost of OPCC registration as well as travel and accommodation.
Applications close on Friday, 16 July so get in quickly!
“We know that the cost of taking part will be a barrier to some people, and our hope is that these scholarships will enable important voices to be heard and experiences to be shared,” says Gretchen Irvine, OPCC Manager.
“OPCC also represents a critical learning and development opportunity for nurses, doctors, allied health, volunteers, and others. We want that to influence and grow the care people receive right across Australia and the wider Oceanic region.”
Get your application HERE