Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Palliative Care Resources
Palliative Care addresses the physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of people with a life-limiting illness, to allow them to live as well and as comfortably as possible. The resources listed below provide information about Palliative Care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients, families and health professionals.
It is free for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workers to become a member of Palliative Care NSW. This includes Indigenous liaison officers and Indigenous community workers. You can become a member of PCNSW here.
- CareSearch: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Care
- Indigenous Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (IPEPA)
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Palliative Care Australia: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Discussion Starters
- Advance Care Planning Australia: Taking Control of Your Health Journey
- Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council of NSW
- South Western Sydney PHN: A Journey into Sorry Business
- Supportive Care “Into the Dreaming”
- Taking Care of Business: Planning Ahead for Aboriginal People in NSW
- NSW Trustee & Guardian: Wills for ATSI People
For Health Professionals: