Calvary Health Care Kogarah are seeking a Nurse Practitioner (full-time position/fixed term position) based at the Sutherland Hospital.
The primary purpose of the role is acting in a clinical leadership and consultancy role for Calvary Health Care Kogarah at The Sutherland Hospital in assessing and advising, coordinating, planning, directing and evaluating the care of palliative care patients. The role will also advocate for the service and foster excellence in palliative care at The Sutherland Hospital.
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia including endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner or working towards same as per the NMBA Guidelines on endorsement as a Nurse Practitioner
- Post graduate qualifications at Masters level, in a NMBA approved program of study or relevant clinical specialty, or working towards same
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, problem solve and make timely and sound clinical nursing decisions whilst working autonomously and understanding the application of evidenced based practice and outcome focused care
- Demonstrated understanding of the palliative care delivery system and ability to lead and implement changes and develop direction in clinical practice by the initiation, utilisation and review of evidence based research and ability to undertake clinical service planning
- Demonstrated understanding of community based palliative care and the ability to lead and implement changes and develop direction in clinical practice by the initiation, utilisation and review of evidenced based research
- Current class C or above drivers licence with demonstrated recent driving experience
- Superior skills in managing key stakeholders to achieve strategic and operational objectives for the service.
- Ability to work within the Mission and Values of Calvary Health Care Kogarah
Applications close 21st December 2018.