AGM Outcomes: 2022-23 Annual Report, President Elect & Vice President announced.
On Thursday 2nd November, 2023 Palliative Care NSW held our Annual General Meeting for the 2023 financial year. Held online and chaired by President, Felicity Burns, the meeting was attended by 14 members and included presentations from the President, Deputy CEO Megan Asbury, CEO Kirsty Blades and Treasurer Nicole Sutton. It was a great opportunity to talk about the highlights of the year including:
- The successful return of the Biennial Conference in 2022 providing a great opportunity for members to connect and share knowledge.
- National Palliative Care Week activities in May 2023 including the professional education day for Members.
- Our continued delivery of the successful Volunteer Support Services Programme.
- The launch of our Palliative Care Service Guide with a dedicated Manager providing a point of contact for the community, carers, families and healthcare professionals looking for guidance on accessing palliative care.
- A scoping study completed on Homelessness & Palliative Care in Metropolitan Sydney.
- Community Conversations run in a number of regional locations with the aim to increase the awareness of available palliative care supports and services.
- Significantly increased engagement across all social media channels and the website.
The full Annual Report including financials is now available online to view HERE.
The AGM also included two elections for President Elect and Vice President. We are pleased to announced that Felicity Burns was elected as President Elect and will therefore remain as President until the 2026 AGM and Therese Smeal was elected as Vice President until the 2025 AGM. We congratulate both Felicity and Therese and thank them for their continued commitment to Palliative Care NSW and all members.