Broken Hill are seeking a Palliative Care Registered Nurse to work as a member of the Specialist Community Palliative Care Team.
As a member of the team you will be providing patient centred palliative care for people with advanced life limiting illnesses, their families and carers.
You will also will provide a combination of direct/shared/consultative care across settings, in liaison with other Far West LHD palliative care health professionals, and be expected to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team including primary care, specialist services, community based services, inpatient, aged care and volunteers.
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $62619.5 – $87926.11 per annum
Hours Per Week: 38 hours per week
Requisition ID: REQ76760
Skills and Knowledge
- Current Authority to Practice as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with recent clinical experience relevant to the position and demonstrated understanding and practical application of palliative care pain and symptom management.
- Demonstrated ability to practice in accordance with Registered Nurse Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nurses, and Code of Professional Conduct for Nurses (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia).
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology, written and verbal means; and sound interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people in a sensitive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of the multi-disciplinary care team; ability to prioritise and organise workload, and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- A demonstrated understanding of the challenges associated with rural and remote palliative care community nursing.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, practice development and evidence-based practice.
- Current Drivers licence and willingness to travel within the LHD.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Job Advert on the FWLHD website.
2) Click here for the Position Description.
3) Find out more about applying for this position.
For role related queries or questions contact Melissa Cumming on Melissa.Cumming@health.nsw.gov.au.
Applications Close: 24/11/2018
Pic credit Jackson Schorn Photography Broken Hill (used with permission)