Palliative Care New South Wales is the peak body in NSW representing palliative care providers and those with an interest in palliative care. Palliative Care New South Wales is a member of the national peak body Palliative Care Australia
Palliative Care New South Wales was established in 1981 when palliative care service networks were beginning to develop. It was initially know as the Palliative Care Association of NSW and changed its name to Palliative Care New South Wales in 2007.
Quality Palliative and end of life care for all.
To achieve our vision through leadership that supports, informs and promotes quality Palliative and end of life care for all.
- We provide support services to our members
- We provide a range of information services to patients, their families and/or carers
- We deliver the Volunteer Support Program
- We provide informed input into the development of policy
- We strive for excellence in the governance of our Association
Palliative Care New South Wales is a membership based organisation and we welcome new members. Click here for more information about Membership.
Members have the opportunity to actively participate in the work of the Association. You will receive our quarterly newsletter ‘Pallium’ as well as regular email information updates and significant discounts to both state and national palliative care conferences.
Palliative Care New South Wales is a not-for-profit incorporated association. Click here for a copy of our Rules of Association.
A Management Committee is elected every two years from the membership.
There are also three sub-committees that report to the Management Committee:
- Audit, Finance and Governance
- Information and Awareness
The Palliative Care New South Wales Executive Officer reports directly to the Management Committee.
Funding for the organisation is provided by membership fees and a NSW government NGO grant.
You can donate directly to Palliative Care New South Wales. Click here to make a donation.
Your donation will be used to:
- Create greater awareness of palliative care in NSW
- Support the work that is done in the community to assist individuals and families receiving palliative care
- Provide support to palliative care workers to enhance their knowledge and skill
- Develop a continuous education program for palliative care workers
Donations of $2.00 and over are tax deductible and Palliative Care New South Wales is registered as a Deductible Gift Recipient under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
Thank you for your donation!