Are you looking to combine your passion for providing outstanding Palliative care in the Dementia care space? HammondCare have fixed term full-time opportunities based in Brisbane and Sydney available.
The details below have been sent to us from HammondCare for the purpose of sharing these job opportunities with the broader palliative care community.
Our Mission is ‘Improving the quality of life for people in need’. Does this strike a note with you? We are a Non for Profit, Independent Christian Charity and leader in providing health, aged care, dementia care and advice. We are regarded both Nationally and Internationally as one of Australia’s most innovative Health and Aged Care providers and we have a strong, passionate commitment to Dementia Care, Palliative Care and research as well as to people who are financially disadvantaged.
About the role
The Dementia Consultant – Palliative role will provide knowledge, skill and advice on matters relating to excellent dementia care in clinical and non-clinical matters that is in line with HammondCare’s Mission, Mission in Action and approaches to dementia care, with a focus on palliative care.
The success applicant in the role of Dementia Consultant – Palliative, based in Brisbane QLD and Sydney NSW, will ensure they address the individual needs of the Dementia Centre services and supports the meeting of its key performance indicators.
Other key duties include:
• Assessing clients with behaviours of concern and providing resources and ideas for effective care provision and support for that person’s needs at the end of their life.
• Develop the skills, expertise and/or applied knowledge of aged care staff and carers to understand the person living with dementia and develop best practice support and care. This includes the ability to develop and implement client-specific advice and recommendations and address and respond to changes in behaviour for palliating clients.
• Ensure telephone, face to face, telehealth or email service delivery to clients operates in line with the underpinning principles of assessment and intervention within the psycho-social case management approach of the Dementia Centre.
• Ensure that all case related documentation and data is up to date and entered in the CRM system and that data entry and record keeping and information security is maintained.
• Liaise directly with Dementia Specialists and the Palliative Care Specialist, to draw on specialist expertise to best support clients who have been identified as palliative
• Ability to liaise with local palliative service providers to ensure a coordinated care approach for the client and support for their family
Are you looking for a role where you can utilize your background in Nursing or Allied Health? This role demands a knowledge of supporting older people and carers living with Dementia and a strong leadership mentality to provide excellent customer service.
• Expertise in supporting people living with dementia and/or palliative care
• Experience in Australian residential and community aged care settings
• Strong ability to improve the quality of life for people living with dementia and to be able to impart that knowledge to managers and staff to improve their ability to support people in need.
• High level of negotiation, communication and relationship building skills
• Problem solving and decision-making skills relevant to the aged and dementia care context
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills both written and verbal.
• Strong administrative and computer skills.
• A current driver’s licence and safe driving record
• Willingness to travel between aged care services and across Australia to support the delivery of the Dementia Centre activities
• Great team – Work within a strong and committed team environment with experts in Dementia and Palliative Care.
• Learning & Development – We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and regularly provide support and learning opportunities to our employees to refresh and upskill.
• Market comparative package with the added salary sacrificing benefits of working for a non for profit.
• Corporate Benefits – Reduced Healthcare memberships, reduced gym memberships etc. Too many to list, but available on our website.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
Simply search for ‘Palliative Care – Dementia Consultant’ on our HammondCare Careers page and click ‘Apply Now’ for the relevant location.
Closing Date: 5 February 2021
All short-listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to a criminal record check and Working With Children Check within their relevant state.