Westmead, Monday 8th May.
Interested in health literacy? Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) has identified improved health literacy for western Sydney as one of its key priorities. How do we identify practical actions to improve health literacy in the diverse communities of Western Sydney? What are our roles as users and consumers of health services? As clinicians? As health service managers?
The panel of speakers includes:
- Professor Don Nutbeam (moderator), Professor of Public Health at the University of Sydney Medical School, and a Senior Advisor at the Sax Institute
- Professor Kirsten McCaffery, behavioural scientist at the School of Public Health at the University of Sydney Medical School
- Dana Mouwad, Program Lead within the Western Sydney Integrated and Community Health Directorate
- Professor Rachel Skinner, Discipline of Child and Adolescent Health at University of Sydney Medical School, and Adolescent Physician at The Children’s Hospital at Westmead
- Dr Coralie Wales, Manager, Community and Consumer Engagement at Western Sydney Local Health District
Join them at this Sydney Ideas event on Monday 8th May 2017 starting at 5.30pm and being held in Westmead (The Westmead Institute for Medical Research). Click here for more information and to register.