Each year the National Palliative Care Awards recognise the excellent work delivered by individuals and organisations who provide exceptional support for people receiving palliative care.
The 2021 Awards will, for the first time, recognise the outstanding contributions by individuals working in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander palliative care, paediatric palliative care, community based care, and generalist palliative care.
Palliative Care Australia CEO Camilla Rowland said the awards are an important opportunity to show appreciation for the exceptional care and support provided to the Australian community by palliative care individuals and teams.
“These awards shine a light on the many people and teams in the palliative care sector who are dedicated to providing high-quality palliative and end-of-life care that our communities need,” Ms Rowland said.
There are nine individual and two organisation/team awards categories.
- Emerging Leader
- Emerging Researcher
- Excellence in Palliative care – Rural and Remote
- Excellence in Palliative Care in an Aged Care Setting
- Outstanding Achievement by a Volunteer
- Excellence in Palliative care – Paediatric Palliative Care
- Excellence in Palliative care – Community Based Care
- Excellence in Generalist Palliative Care
- Excellence in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander palliative care
Organisation/ Team Awards:
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- Innovation in Palliative Care
Nominations close 5pm Tuesday 13 July 2021.
Click here for Nomination Form