- Permanent part-time role – 32 hours a week
- Based at Greenwich Hospital in Greenwich, NSW
- HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation with continuity of entitlements
HammondCare is an independent Christian charity that exists to improve quality of life for people in need.
We specialise in aged and dementia care, palliative care, rehabilitation, mental health services for older people, and other related health and aged care services. HammondCare seeks to embed evidence based best practice in its services and we provide these services through home care, sub-acute hospitals and residential aged care.
More about the role
The role of Clinical Director of Palliative Care HammondCare North works within the Mission and Mission in Action of HammondCare to ensure that all of HammondCare’s Palliative Care services function in a way that aligns completely with the Mission, Vision and Mission-in-Action of HammondCare, in accord with the organisation’s future plans for the development of its services.
The essence of this role:
To provide clinical leadership and direction to ensure the HammondCare Strategy is implemented which includes a focused priority on Palliative Care to ensure we meet the strategies Ambition ‘To set the global standard of relationship-based care, for people with complex needs and to increase our care for those that others won’t or can’t’.
About you – Experience
- Commitment to engage & align with HammondCare’s Christian Mission, Motivation and Mission in Action;
- Registration (or registerable) as a Specialist Medical Practitioner in Palliative Care in Australia (AHPRA), with relevant experience in a clinical leadership/management role;
- Demonstrated understanding of the NSW public and private health sectors, the political environment and health service operational environments
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical care and various models of care
- Ability to provide leadership and drive change within a complex environment of conflicting priorities and tight timeframes
- High level interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated capacity in negotiation and engagement with key stakeholders, of all levels through a collaborative approach
- A demonstrated understanding of health funding models/ activity-based management and evidence of ability to link clinical and financial objectives
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems using strategic and innovative solutions to financial and operational challenges
HammondCare offers its staff competitive salaries, excellent training & development opportunities, a supportive environment and a benefits program.
As HammondCare is a NSW Health affiliated organisation, all NSW Health transferrable entitlements will be recognised by HammondCare, in accordance with Public health System Nurses’ and Midwives (State Award) and the Crown Employees Nurses’ (State Award). For more info check out our website: www.hammond.com.au/careers.
Ready to make a change? Apply Now!
To express your interest please click the “Apply Now” button, Please ensure you include an updated resume and cover note explaining your suitability.
For any specific queries not answered, please contact Friedbert Kohler (Director of Medical Services) firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11th April 2023
All short listed applicants for these positions will be asked to consent to staff screening, a criminal record and immunization checks.